The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA) has announced the winners of the 2012 Excellence in Community Relations Award, and Lacey’s Spring (Alabama) Quarry came out on top!
The plant (pictured) has been awarded the top level available—gold. Since the quarry won a gold in last year’s NSSGA Environmental Excellence Award, the plant will receive a special Two Stars of Excellence plaque at NSSGA’s annual convention in San Antonio, Texas, in March.
NSSGA’s Excellence in Community Relations Award recognizes outreach efforts that strengthen the ties between our businesses and the communities in which they operate.
Ten other RGI plants were awarded the Excellence in Community Relations Award – Bronze. Congratulations to these plants and a special thanks to all who took the time to complete the applications.
- Bloomington Crushed Stone (Indiana)
- Bullitt County Stone (Louisville, Kentucky)
- Cross Plains Quarry (Tennessee)
- Hopkinsville Aggregate (Kentucky)
- Marion Quarry (Kentucky)
- Morgan County Sand & Gravel (Indiana)
- Oak Ridge Quarry (Tennessee)
- REOSTONE (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Sieboldt Quarry (Springville, Indiana)
- Whites Creek Quarry (Nashville, Tennessee)
to read the press release from NSSGA.